top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife is filing Pro-Se, can I sit beside her at the 341 since I completed papers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is filing Pro-Se, can I sit beside her at the 341 since I completed papers?

I filed pro-se by myself several months ago and did not include my wife in the paperwork. At the time we were living overseas and my wife was unable to travel to the US to attend the 341 meeting. Now, we are once again living in the states (Western District of Texas) and we now need to file for her. Since I am the one filling out the paperwork and I am the one familiar with our finances, is it ok for me to sit beside her at the 341 meeting?

Unless it is something particular about your district, and the trustee that she happens to draw, I don't see a problem.

She would need to answer her herself though. Even though you are helping her fill out the paperwork, she will be the one under oath, and she will have to answer. You would have to keep your mouth shut. Now, it is possible that she could ask permission for you to answer a question or two in order to clarify something, but as I said, she will be the one under oath.

Welcome to the forum, btw!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X