top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 Meeting tomorrow...need to know something.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting tomorrow...need to know something.

Our 341 is tomorrow at 9:30 am.

Unfortunately I don't really expect much to happen as the attorney for the Trustee has already questioned mulitple items in the filling, some due to errors or discrepancies in the filling by the paralegal. Yes, we should have been more diligent but isn't that what we pay the attorney for? To make sure that the calculations are correct? If it was easy and straightforward, no one would need an attorney. Anyway, the letter was sent to the lawyer on January 4th and forwarded to us to respond the following week. I supplied as much information as possible to our attorney in hope that they would correct the errors and respond to the other questions that I could not answer.

Late last week I received a copy of the letter that our attorney sent to the Trustee's attorney advising that his paralegal was out for an extended period with the flu and the corrections and amendments would be forthcoming, but also included a copy of our answers with the letter.

As of today, there is no updates on Pacer that the filing was amended so I am pretty sure that tomorrow will be cursory at best and there will be a continuation until the filing is ammended and the attorney decides whether their is presumption of abuse and pushes us to a Chapter 13.

However, here's my question: should we be questioned if there is no specific time references to the question, are answers based on either our situation as of tomorrow/date of filing or are be obligate to expand on the answer?

My wife submitted her resignation on Friday at her current employment. At this job, she had taken a lesser position 9 months ago and there was a step down schedule of her pay over a 7 month period. However, since she was continuing to work in many of the same roles as the previous position, the final step down of $4000 was put on hold. There was no date that this would, if ever occur.

Now going forward, her new job at another company is scheduled to begin on February 11th. This job will have a sizeable increase in pay. My line of thinking that all the information in the filing is based on the date of the filing and tomorrow. Since she has not yet started that job and begun earning the higher salary and things could happen between now and February 11th. She might have a change of heart and withdraw the resignation; the other company could for some reason cancel the offer (maybe a fluke in the background check???); the other company could have a major upheaval, etc.

Along the same lines as "maybe" we'll win the lottery in the next two weeks. None of this has occurred yet so are we safe in responding to any questions, should they be asked, as things are today?
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 01-27-2013, 05:09 PM. Reason: To break up into more readable paragraphs

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X