Documents trustee request for 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documents trustee request for 341

Hi can anyone share with me what type of docs the trustee will ask for prior to the 341 meeting.

Thanks for all the help!

Taken from NOLO.com: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...1-hearing.html

You will be required to provide your Trustee with a copy of your latest tax return filed and to bring a government issued identification card containing a photograph and proof of your social security number to the creditors meeting.
    • A driver’s license or a passport will satisfy the first requirement.
    • Your original social security card is the best method to satisfy the second, although some trustees may accept a tax return or a letter from the Internal Revenue Service or the Social Security Administration containing the number. This varies greatly between districts and trustees. If you intend to bring anything other than your original social security card to the 341 hearing, you should check with the trustee’s office before you go to make sure your document is satisfactory to the trustee.

Failing to provide your last filed tax return to the trustee at least seven days prior to the 341 hearing, bringing documents to the 341 hearing which do not satisfy the identity verification requirement, or not providing documents at all will result in the 341 hearing being continued or your case being dismissed.

Trustees often request any or all of the following:
    • tax returns for you (we had to send the last 3 years filed) or your business interests
    • bank statements (we had to send 6 months in - the ones used on the Means Test AND include the one that shows the balance IN your account ON the day you filed)
    • deeds to properties and titles to cars
    • insurance policies and riders
    • closing statements and other sale documents
    • documentation relating to transfers of real or personal property
    • trust documents
    • domestic support orders
    • business inventories, balance sheets, and profit and loss statements
    • investment or retirement account statements
    • credit card statements
    • financing contracts
    • marital settlement agreements and/or divorce judgments
    • prenuptual or antenuptual agreements
    • shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, and LLC operating agreements
    • stock certificates
    • leases, and
    • title certificates.

I hope that helps. I highlighted the items that our particular Trustee asked for just so you could get a rough idea. Your mileage (and Trustee) will vary!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Most likely, your attorney should have already let you know what was needed, and it will be filed with your petition. The only items I had to submit (from the above list) were 2 yrs. tax returns and 6 mos. bank statements, which my attorney had before I signed. All I needed at the 341 was my DL and SS card. I was a simple chap. 7.

Comment

Hi Thank you for the responce, i have provided all these docs to my lawyer. I have signed papers and will be filing on the 30th. I am hoping for a smoothe 341. I have also read that and heard from others who haved filed that the day you file you should have the least amount of money in your bank account. Is this correct?

Comment

I filed pro se and I haven't gotten anything from my trustee .. my 341 is in 2 weeks. Do I just mail them to his office or send them as attachments?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X