Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished the 341 in less than 5 minutes

The meeting was this morning.

We were sworn in (raise right hand, no Bible or anything like that).

We had our SS cards and drivers licenses, which were checked for accuracy.

We were asked if we still lived at our address. After that, the TT started the recorder and our meeting commenced.

Questions:
    • Did you provide the information to the attorney?
    • Is the information correct? Would you like to make any changes? We made one change that was immaterial to the overall BK.
    • Do you own or rent?
    • Why did you file for bankruptcy? We made a brief statement about unemployment, no emergency fund, and our unexpected catastrophies.
    • Are you aware that you will have to complete the debtor's education course?
    • Do you plan to retain or surrender your property? The Northern District of Texas, supposedly, does not formally allow the ride-through option, but nonetheless, we checked 'retain and pay' and were only asked about retaining it.
    • Are you expecting to receive any inheritances? Any pending lawsuits?
    • Anything else to add? (this was asked of my attorney)

That's it. We were done in probably 3 minutes or less.
    We were not asked if we expected any changes in income or had any job offers.
    We were not asked why our unsecured debt was high.
    We were not asked anything specific about our debts.
    We were not asked anything specific about our property (all exempted).
    We were not asked when we considered filing or sought an attorney.

We answered all questions honestly and there were no surprises. No creditors at all (and we had a lot of creditors).
    Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Welcome to Club Sixty!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you! We are, of course, looking forward to our discharge.
      Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Congratulations!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Welcome to your fresh start

Comment

Thank you!

I realize we aren't out of the woods yet, but the trustee didn't ask for any additional paperwork and concluded the meeting.

Comment

I hope you enjoyed the loaded pizza and beer as much as I did.
              <urp>

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I hope you enjoyed the loaded pizza and beer as much as I did.
                <urp>

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Congratulations on your successful 341.

If I had to pick just one thing I learned on these forums about the 341 that helped me, it was that the "Why are you filing bankruptcy" question is one to have an answer for. That one would have really thrown me for a loop if I had been surprised by it. Where to start, you know?
                  Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Thanks keepsmiling.

Originally posted by TXskyblue View Post

If I had to pick just one thing I learned on these forums about the 341 that helped me, it was that the "Why are you filing bankruptcy" question is one to have an answer for. That one would have really thrown me for a loop if I had been surprised by it. Where to start, you know?
                    Thank you.

That question as I understand it is meant to document a particular event, or a series of particular events, leading up to bankruptcy. If the months leading up to filing were really a non-event, it could posit reckless spending and possible abuse of credit.

Comment

Originally posted by TXskyblue View Post

I don't remember being asked that at our 341. It is possible that we were, and I just don't remember it. Of course that has been five years ago.... I do remember some of the questions specific to our case that we were asked about.
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                        I don't remember being asked that at our 341. It is possible that we were, and I just don't remember it. Of course that has been five years ago.... I do remember some of the questions specific to our case that we were asked about.
                        Is it possible that the amount of credit card debt may determine if that question is asked? Our credit card debt, though joint, was quite high.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X