Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Tomorrow - Nervous

Hi Everyone,

I am a long time lurker on this forum but this is my first time posting, just to vent, I guess! I have found a lot of very good and useful information here!

My husband and I have filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy and our 341 Meeting is tomorrow. I am getting pretty nervous about it. From what I have read here and from things I have heard elsewhere, I think our case is pretty simple. We have credit card debit and we are also surrendering our house (we are "underwater" with the mortgage). We only have one income as my husband is a stay-at-home dad and he homeschools our kids (the schools where we live are terrible...another reason why we are surrendering the house is so that we can start over in a better place).

Anyway, we have been up front and honest with our attorney about everything but of course I am still nervous that something will go wrong. I am also anxious about what kinds of questions they will ask at the hearing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!
    Myo

It's a normal reaction to be nervous about something like this. We had our 341 last month and it was, like most people say here, a piece of cake. It lasted less than 5 minutes and we are over the income filers. Just try to relax, everything will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by Mom63 View Post
      It's a normal reaction to be nervous about something like this. We had our 341 last month and it was, like most people say here, a piece of cake. It lasted less than 5 minutes and we are over the income filers. Just try to relax, everything will be fine
      Thank you, Mom63!!!

Comment

I think it is a normal reaction. I was worried also and all for nothing over and done with and we even had the US trustee show some interest before our 341. They never showed up and 60 days later we were done Pam

Comment

You're probably going to be asked for your id and if everything on the forms is correct.

Provided that you were honest in your filing, your 341 will be a breeze..........

Get ready to tip one back tomorrow!
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Have your DL and SS card with you, and anything else you may have been told to bring. If you weren't told to bring it, then don't.

Read through the stickies here about what to do and not do, and you should be fine. Just leave plenty early in the morning to allow yourself time to deal with traffic and parking issues.

Let us know how it goes. Good wishes to you~~!
            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-06-2013, 01:23 PM.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
              I think it is a normal reaction. I was worried also and all for nothing over and done with and we even had the US trustee show some interest before our 341. They never showed up and 60 days later we were done Pam
              Thank you Pam!!! I appreciate your response!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                Have your DL and SS card with you, and anything else you may have been told to bring. If you weren't told to bring it, then don't.

Read through the stickies here about what to do and not do, and you should be fine. Just leave plenty early in the morning to allow yourself time to deal with traffic and parking issues.

Let us know how it goes. Good wishes to you~~!
                Thank you Angelina! I do have everything in order and ready to go! Our appointment is at 11:30 and we are leaving at 10:30. The location of the hearing isn't far from where we live, but like you said, we are thinking of traffic and parking issues, etc.

Thanks again...I will post tomorrow when it's all over!

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                  You're probably going to be asked for your id and if everything on the forms is correct.

Provided that you were honest in your filing, your 341 will be a breeze..........

Get ready to tip one back tomorrow!
                  Yes, we have our identification ready, etc. And we were completely honest with the filing so I'm sure I'm stressing for nothing (I usually do... lol)

I will be more than ready! LOL

Thank you for your response, Frogger!

Comment

Good wishes to you!~~
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                      Good wishes to you!~~

Thank you!

The meeting went really well! There were tons of people ahead of us, and the Trustee was asking them lots and lots of questions. When it was our turn, he basically verified our signatures, asked if we had reviewed everything and asked why we were filing and that was it. We were done in 5 minutes.

Then we went out to lunch to celebrate! Whew!!!

Thanks again, everyone, for your encouragement!

Comment

Time to tip it on back.

Congratulations!
                        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                          Time to tip it on back.

Congratulations!

Thank you! We sure did!

Comment

Congrats!! It's such a relief when the meeting is done. Just had mine last week and boy did I exhale walking outta there

Comment

congratulations!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X