30 day clock restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 day clock restart

When my petition was filed, the dates on schedule D were left off. At the 341 hearing, the Trustee gave the attorney 2 weeks to amend the petition. The petition was amended on !5 Jan 2014. Does the 30 day clock start over from 15 Jan date?

What is the '30 Day Clock?'

If you are thinking of the 60 Days for your creditors to file objections to the discharge of their particular claims, then no, that clock should not 'reset'. You will have to wait until at least Day 61 for your Discharge. That clock starts from the date of your 341, and should say so somewhere in your notice about the 341.

Now, if your attorney has NOT gotten the amendments to your schedules done within the time that the Trustee wants, that may be another matter.

But again, I am puzzled as to what you mean by '30 Day Clock'.....
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I am so sorry. I misread this on the internet and thought it said something it obviously does not!!. "Your creditors and your Chapter 7 Trustee have 30 days after the conclusion of the 341 Meeting to object to any exemptions you have claimed in Schedule C of the bankruptcy petition. Most 341 Meetings are concluded on the same day they are heard by the Trustee, although the Trustee has the power to continue your 341 Meeting to a later date. Any extension by the Trustee extends the time that your creditors have to object to your claimed exemptions."

Comment

Yes, we are discussing two entirely different things here.

If your attorney got your amendments in on time, then you should have no problem. I know that some trustees have objected to a debtor's claimed exemptions, but I don't remember seeing anything about a creditor objecting to a claimed exemption.

Your worry now--if you choose to accept it--is that a creditor will object to this discharge of their particular debt. That is the 60 day part. In the vast majority of cases, they do not.

My advice is to relax and just ease your way through the next 60 days.

Good luck!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

You are right. I just need to chill!

Comment

how did it end up going?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X