pro se 341 meeting tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pro se 341 meeting tomorrow

Doing ok... cannot wait to get it over with.

Originally posted by 63640 View Post
    Doing ok... cannot wait to get it over with.
    I know you have already read the tips, tricks, and other advice on the 341 meeting forum. I will repeat it again: make sure that you know where you need to go. Leave plenty early so that you have to to deal with road construction, accidents, and issues of the same type. Have your photo ID, SS card, and nything else that you may have been told to bring. If you weren't told to bring it, have it in the car, but don't bring it in--unless asked.

Dress conservatively in what is known as 'Dress casual'. That means a nice polo/golf type shirt and clean khaki trousers. I you are a woman, a nice blouse and dress pants will do. (I know that others have said they go in with jeans and t-shirts and all that, but in my opinion, you are addressing a court, and you need to be respectful of that. [Think of how you dress to go to Church, if you do so. It is the same idea.])

Take plenty of quarters with you to feed the parking meters. Also, leave the cell phone, and any other type of electronics in the car. This is especially true if your meeting is withing the courthouse.

Good wishes to you~~~
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you, my only hiccup is that I just recently remembered that our two children each have a savings account (each valued at less than $100 that I overlooked) I am planning on disclosing them tomorrow. I expect it will be a minor hiccup but not a game changer.

Comment

Thank you, my only hiccup is that I just recently remembered that our two children each have a savings account (each valued at less than $100 that I overlooked) I am planning on disclosing them tomorrow. I expect it will be a minor hiccup but not a game changer.
        At this point, I would shut my mouth, and not say anything about the children's accounts. Both are under $100.00; they belong to other people, although still in your control. I don't think any trustee will mess with you about those account. They are looking for the hundreds of thousands of dollars that might be hidden.

Comment

Meeting went well. My wife and I were actually the second case because nearly all the attorneys were late. The meeting lasted no more than 5 minutes. I did disclose the children's accounts and the trustee was not interested in them. Likewise, a couple of other ite ms that I have been sweating bullets over for the past few month also did not play into things. Meeting ended with the trustee abandoning interest in my case. putting us in the 60 day club!!! Three more items I got to take care of : post filing debtor class, a motion to avoid a household good lien, and reaffirming my car loan. But looks like countless late nite reading NOLOs book, this forum, and a lot of prayer has paid off.

Comment

Congratulations and welcome to the 60 Day Club.!!

Comment

Meeting went well. My wife and I were actually the second case because nearly all the attorneys were late. The meeting lasted no more than 5 minutes. I did disclose the children's accounts and the trustee was not interested in them. Likewise, a couple of other ite ms that I have been sweating bullets over for the past few month also did not play into things. Meeting ended with the trustee abandoning interest in my case. putting us in the 60 day club!!! Three more items I got to take care of : post filing debtor class, a motion to avoid a household good lien, and reaffirming my car loan. But looks like countless late nite reading NOLOs book, this forum, and a lot of prayer has paid off.
              congratulations and glad it all went well

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X