Pacer updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer updates

Just a quick question -- Are entrances in the dockett made immediately upon something filed and reflected on pacer? I was checking our case yesterday and noticed that there was a motion for time extension on 04/09, yet it said the entry was made on 04/13. So if I am reading this correctly, our troublesome creditor could file an objection tomorrow (the last day) and it wouldn't show up until several days later??? Other posts I have read about pacer entries have said that pacer is updated immediately and that if I check pacer at 5:30 pm tomorrow and nothing is there, we are good.

I think it might depend on where you are. I know items on mine showed up the same day on some things, but the following day for others. The fact is the day it is submitted and the day it shows up while they may be different, my understanding is the submitted day is what takes precedence. Although I am certainly not an expert on this, I am just speaking from my own experience and what my attorney has said.

Comment

Agree with gello. Entries are made into pacer by clerks. Some districts are so overwhelmed that it may take a day or two to see an entry show up. The date the document, etc., is actually filed is the controlling date.
      Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
      341- April 28, 2010;
      Confirmed May 25, 2010;
      $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

I always wondered the same thing, I think it is a great question for you to ask...I was afraid when my 60 days was up I would jump for joy then 7 days later something would pop up....it did not and usually does not. All I can tell you for certain is Pacer is in "real time", so when something is actually entered in, it is automatic and pops up IMMEDIATELY. I know this does not totally answer your question, sorry for my ignorance on the matter.
        Bobby

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X