top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank wants stay lifted on foreclosed house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank wants stay lifted on foreclosed house?

We filed non-consumer Ch7 on 7/12/2010. 341 Hearing is coming up August 11. I just got notice that Wachovia is asking for relief from the stay, although the loan was for a house that foreclosed in December.

I will talk with our atty tomorrow and obviously we'd oppose any deficiency proceedings.

This was a first mortgage on a Michigan house that we bought 5 years ago and lived in until 2 years ago. Our "tenant," who never paid the rent, may still live there and perhaps Wachovia wants to evict her. Are they just being super-cautious, asking for permission to take over property they already own? Or does this have some other meaning?
    Filed non-consumer no asset Chapter 7 on 7-12-10 after 4 foreclosures, 7 lawsuits including 2 deficiencies, 2 wage garnishments, a bank garnishment and a partridge in a pear tree. 341 held on 8-11-10. Discharge 11-4-10.

Originally posted by SweetGeorgia View Post
    We filed non-consumer Ch7 on 7/12/2010. 341 Hearing is coming up August 11. I just got notice that Wachovia is asking for relief from the stay, although the loan was for a house that foreclosed in December.

I will talk with our atty tomorrow and obviously we'd oppose any deficiency proceedings.

This was a first mortgage on a Michigan house that we bought 5 years ago and lived in until 2 years ago. Our "tenant," who never paid the rent, may still live there and perhaps Wachovia wants to evict her. Are they just being super-cautious, asking for permission to take over property they already own? Or does this have some other meaning?
    No other meaning, nothing sneaky about it. Even though you filed for bankruptcy the lender still has to follow the legal guidelines when it comes to a foreclosure. There is a 6 month right of redemption in Michigan and you have the added issue of a tenant still in the home. In order for the lender to complete the foreclosure process they have to file to lift the automatic stay.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X