Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Loan Possible?

Hello
    I am fairly new into my Ch 13. Not quite 6 months into a 58 month plan.

So, now my oil light comes on when I put on the brakes in my car. I am going to investigate as to how bad this problem is -- it's a financed car, that was able to be crammed down and is now being paid (the part that's what it's worth at 100%, the part I was upside down as an unsecured payback) through the plan.

If the worst case comes true, and I have to have a different car, what's it like to finance a car while in a 13? Does it even happen....assuming you get the trustee's permission? Are there companies out there that arrange such financing?

Help!

If the oil light comes on when you're slowing down and not just sitting in the parking lot with the brakes on, then it means you have low oil pressure... check the oil level in your car.
    Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
    341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
    Discharge: 1/12/07
    Closed:1/19/07

Comment

Yes....

Yep. That was the first thing I checked. Oil level ok. But it is due for an oil change.....maybe that will help things. Perhaps the oil filter is gunked up and oil is not flowing through ok.

Thanks!

Comment

If its that bad, you might want to change it twice. Oil Change = $20 Engine = $2,000

Comment

If it is something serious about your car then maybe they will let you incur debt. You have to ask permission from the trustee through the lawyer, which for me cost $400.00 just to ask. You have to a particular car in mind, make, model, dealer etc. It can take maybe a couple weeks or more to get the answer and then hopefully the vehicle is still there. That is the court part, now. The car dealer part is that rarely, others may disagree Im sure, that dealers will rarely touch you before a year into the 13. When they do they will want substantial down payment. They do not want to deal with the court because they will lose money and are being told when they get their money because it goes to the trustee first unless you are allowed to pay for it outside the plan. Your other vehicle you might still have to pay for especially if it is a newer vehicle. The creditor doesn't want you to get off that easy because the car goes back to them and they are stuck without the money and a broken car. Hopefully it is just low oil. good luck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X