top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there options for refinancing my home loan after discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there options for refinancing my home loan after discharge?

I've made my final payment to my chapter 13 and i'm waiting for discharge now. I have a home loan that's at 6.25 that I'd love to refi. Has anyone had any luck with this and what were any problems you encountered?

I, too, wish to refinance a relatively high interest mortgage and here is what I've run into. First thing is to find out whether or not you qualify for HARP. My understanding is that it is more open to a refi after a discharge or while in an active 13. Since mine is a conventional mortgage I cannot take advantage, under current guidelines, of HARP so I would have to go FHA or conventional. I actively inquired several lending institutions and was informed that a 2 year wait after discharge was the norm. I did have one come back with an offer of closing costs and PMI in order to get a loan. I passed and will wait the 2 years and try again. I'm not under water on the house but have very little equity since the housing slump. FWIW, any hard pulls on your credit report will pull your score down.
    Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

FHA would work. HARP would also work as they recently lowered timelines for derogatory credit. Standard Conventional would have a 2 year wait..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X