Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Payment!

Good Evening Everybody,

Though I've only posted here a few times, I've done countless hours of reading here to find answers to the questions that always seem to strike me at 3 a.m. Thank you for all of your help.

That said, my wife and I have just made our final payment on a 5-year plan. The relief is wonderful, but it is certainly tempered by the knowledge of the waiting game we have to play now. Our district seems to average 3-4 months to discharge.

Which leads me to my question:
    What can go wrong at this point? We've made all our payments on time and kept our noses clean (no new debt, submitted all requested tax returns -- and refunds , etc.). I suppose I just want to hear that everything's going to be alright from those who've been there before me. Three months if this waiting for discharge just might kill me. I'm already obsessively checking NDC and getting worried the the funds from the last 2 payments haven't been disbursed yet.

Please, give me your stories. What can go wrong at this stage? Moreover, who has suggestions for how to while away the hours waiting for discharge?

Thanks,
    Doug

This is the hard part, waiting! Just enjoy it and know you accomplished a huge feat, only thing i would be worried about is what type of champagne you will be popping real soon. Congrats!

Comment

You have finished five long years, take a deep breath and think about what now! Congrats!!!!
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Thank you both. I really appreciate it. Maybe it's just disbelief. If patience is all I need, that's fine. It's looking over my shoulder for some gremlin to come in an take it all away that's keeping me up nights. If nobody has any horror stories from this stage of the game, maybe I can just breathe.

Comment

I have been reading these threads for too long and yes there are stories of this and that after discharge or even at the end, but mostly it seems they are just silly nuisance things that get cleared up easily.

Now with that said I know that I will be like you and just be waiting for that other shoe to drop! Try not to, try to look forward with positive thoughts, you deserve it! 🌷🌷🌷🌷
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Did you take your post filling financial coarse and turn in the proof/certificate?
            Did you fill out your financial obligations paperwork and return?
            Did you file your taxes for 2015? Since your last payment was January 2016 I would think your trustee is expecting his copies.
            Did your attorney file the request for discharge? You should receive a copy of this. I received mine less than a month after my last payment was made. Actually I think it was less than ten days.

Congrats on completing your payment plan. What to do now? Celebrate, of course.

By the way I am right beside you on this. I made my last payment in November and am waiting patiently too.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congratulations, spidge. I appreciate the reassurance. We just can't wait to get this all behind us.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X