zombie debt 1099C after discharged chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zombie debt 1099C after discharged chapter 13

Hello, I haven't posted in awhile, but I guess it just never ends. I just received a 1099C form from Advanta Cards for $34K. These charges would have been incurred about 7 years ago. All my debts personal and business, were included in my Chapter 13 which was discharged last year. My question is what is the best way to respond? Should I just ignore it on my 2015 tax return? Please help.

If you file bankruptcy and receive Form 1099-C, for cancellation of debt, Filing Form 982 will allow you to exclude it from taxable income
    Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Thank you, BNKRPTinNC. I just also noticed about Form 982 in reading some old posts. This forum is still so helpful!

Comment

Send to the JDB {Junk Debt Buyers} a copy of your Discharge Order, along with a C and D letter, Send all of this 'courtesy copy, return receipt requested.' Tell them that they have no standing, and to leave you alone, or you will bring them to the attention of your attorney, who would like to have their innards for lunch.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          Send to the JDB {Junk Debt Buyers} a copy of your Discharge Order, along with a C and D letter, Send all of this 'courtesy copy, return receipt requested.' Tell them that they have no standing, and to leave you alone, or you will bring them to the attention of your attorney, who would like to have their innards for lunch.

AC, you are my hero!
          Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Thank you, AC. Guess I'll do that too, in case they get any other ideas.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X