Second Attorney Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Attorney Meeting

I had my second attorney meeting yesterday to turn over all the documentation she had requested and a questionnaire. I was glad to get rid of all that stuff and get it off of my desk. We reviewed everything and she said my expenses looked good. That made me very happy. I can live with the expenses I had put down. It should give me some breathing room and the ability to save for house repairs and vehicle maintenance.

This attorney required a $1,500 retainer. Yesterday I paid the first $500 of it. My next step is to schedule a second meeting at which time I will pay the second $500. Then when we have the final meeting to sign I will pay the last $500.

The process has been smooth so far.

Forgot to add she gave me a brochure for credit counseling to for the pre-filing requirement with a code so they can get the results and I won't have to pay anything to the counseling agency. Going to try to take that tonight.

Comment

Good job and good luck!
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Just an update on the process. I went in Monday this week and paid my second installment of $500 and scheduled my final meeting for signing the petition. Looks like I will be signing on July 7 at 2pm. Wish it was sooner - but one thing I have already learned during this - is it is a process, not an event.

Comment

Yeah! Put on your patience pants, you are in for a long ride!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X