Mortgage Removed from Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Removed from Credit Report

My Ch. 13 was closed by the trustee on July 26 and I am now waiting for my discharge. I checked my credit report today through credit karma (yes I know this is not an actual FICO score) and it showed that my score had dropped 25 points because my mortgage had been removed from my experian credit report. My mortgage was being paid through the BK, but I just resumed paying it this month. Is there any reason why it would have been removed from my credit report?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
    Filed 6/2011
    DISCHARGED 9/8/2016

I can only share my experience. We have been discharged from our ch13 for a few months which included mortgage arrears. The mortgage does not show on our credit report and I think it is because we have not re-affirmed the debt with them. I am willing to bet they will start reporting at some point but I do not know what the trigger is.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

spidge, Thanks so much for your reply. I didn't think you had to reaffirm debts in a chapter 13 since you were paying them back anyway...
      Filed 6/2011
      DISCHARGED 9/8/2016

Comment

Ok spidge , it looks like you may be right. I just spoke with the mortgage company and they said that in a bankruptcy (no matter what chapter), they stop reporting until the loan is reaffirmed. She went so far as to say that she had seen mortgages where they had not reported for 10 years. I have emailed my attorney to see what her take is on this. Does anyone else have experience on this?

*Update: My attorney says the bank is incorrect and there are no reaffirmation agreements on a chapter 13...now I'm really confused
        Last edited by CreditFree; 09-06-2016, 02:02 PM.
        Filed 6/2011
        DISCHARGED 9/8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by CreditFree View Post

*Update: My attorney says the bank is incorrect and there are no reaffirmation agreements on a chapter 13...now I'm really confused
          It sounds like your attorney did not read your entire question. If you want the mortgage company to report it you would reaffirm, but it is not recommended. I like the fact that the bank can only recover the property and not come after me for the balance. Its not in my plans to let it go, but just in case.

11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X