Had my 341 today. What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341 today. What next?

So, my 341 went really well today. I was pushed by the Trustee on a few expenses, but in the end, she allowed my plan. Not sure how long it takes to get confirmed in my state, but I think deadline to object is 5/2/2017. My attorney wished me well and basically said, "Have a nice life!"

My question now is: what do I do next? How soon should I apply for a Secured card and start rebuilding good credit? Is today too soon? ;-)

Now you learn to live a new life. We had our 341 in November and our confirmation hearing is March 9th. I'm not going to lie and say it hasn't been rough learning our new budget and sticking to it but that is our new life. We are adapting and I know we will get the hang of it. Heck! We have 5 years but I honestly think this is the best thing we could have done. I would wait on the credit card. If I understand correctly, you have to get trustee permission to get one anyhow.

Comment

Thanks. I also think this is the best thing I possibly could have done. I am semi-obsessed with my budget and excited to move ahead.

I understand you need trustee permission for an unsecured card. A secured card is backed by your own money and only has a limit up to your deposit amount.

Comment

Instead of looking for new credit might I suggest more income. I survived a 5 year quarter of a million dollar 13 and making more money definitely is what made it successful. I used ZERO credit, debit card only since 2008.

Comment

Boomer Did your payments go up every year when your Trustee received your taxes and see your increased income? Ours would for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer2298 View Post
            Instead of looking for new credit might I suggest more income. I survived a 5 year quarter of a million dollar 13 and making more money definitely is what made it successful. I used ZERO credit, debit card only since 2008.
            to clarify, I am not inquiring about taking on new credit because I need it (or think I will need it). It's purely for rebuilding my credit rating. A secured credit card needs to be backed up with your own cash anyway, but he added advantage is that they report your timely payment to all three bureaus.

Comment

Originally posted by newlife13 View Post
              So, my 341 went really well today. I was pushed by the Trustee on a few expenses, but in the end, she allowed my plan. Not sure how long it takes to get confirmed in my state, but I think deadline to object is 5/2/2017. My attorney wished me well and basically said, "Have a nice life!"

My question now is: what do I do next? How soon should I apply for a Secured card and start rebuilding good credit? Is today too soon? ;-)
              Wait for your discharge before you apply for a secure card. My understanding is you just finished your 341 meeting.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X