Clapping For Colorado -Furnace on the Brink Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clapping For Colorado -Furnace on the Brink Again

My new byline for bad luck is Clapping For Colorado (instead of Murphy strikes Again!)
    It appears that the furnace may have died for real this time.
    Another "divine" Colorado winter storm is coming tonight with a nippy low of 16 degrees and the whole day the aging furnace has been unable to turn on, so resigned to Clapping For Colorado, we turned it off in a last ditch effort to let the old engine rest. This means we are relying on space heaters and humidifiers to make it through the night and beyond. (The bathroom sink is running ,as is the hot water faucet on the ancient laundry room sink. (The cold water side had to be shut off due to the inability to turn off (i.e. it runs endlessly.)
    We received a few hundred dollars refund on an apparent over payment of our 2020 escrow shortage (we owed $1800!) and a new lower monthly mortgage payment (a little less than $50 per month ) plus we received a few hundred dollars federal tax refund, neither of which we had reported to the lawyer yet, thinking maybe we could save money for the next Colorado catastrophe, but the evil specter of a slowly eroding house won't allow us any break or so it certainly seems!
    Zombie13 has posted a lengthy new thread about borrowing from the new 401k. We aren't sure if we will have to do that right now , if by a miracle the furnace is able to turn on and continue working for a while longer. We will be able to cobble together some more money in the next month if we can nurse it along for just few more weeks.
    I am so fed up with living the legendary BK13 lifestyle!

Side note our old laundry tub sink has the hot water shut off because it runs endlessly.

I hope the furnace survives long enough and the expense is not too great. I commented on Zombie's thread.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Thanks, Carmella!
      I know you share many of our frustrations since our BK13 situations are similar in some ways.
      We are certainly not part of the group of BK13 debtors who actually can gush about the wonderful lessons and the generous BK allowances -we know the real score and the toll a five year plan takes on your spirit (and in my case) health !

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X