Car Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Payment

I have a loan with Ally Auto. A while ago they allowed online access to voluntarily make payments. There is BK disclaimer you "agree" to when you pay making it clear it's voluntary. That's fine with me since I want to pay online and it's easier than using the 3rd party payer.

I have almost always paid on time. I know I messed up in the past at least once when there was a holiday combined with a weekend that delayed my payment from arriving on time. If I missed any other payments I was not aware of it.

The online app shows I missed a payment. I thought it was because I was in the grace period to pay and the next payment generated (my HEL does that and then evens out once it's paid--within the grace period). But the next month it was still showing so I thought I will pay extra, I don't have enough cash to make a double payment. Now I checked the app, it's due on the 28th of the month and it shows not only that payment, but the balance of the apparently missed payment.

I don't want to call Ally Auto. In the past when I called it was nothing but a hassle and I do have a bias calling out of the country since my experience has been the people are so far removed there's little to no customer service and I have even gotten lied to (not by Ally, but my internet provider).

I think I will just put a little extra on my bill each month until that "missed" payment is paid off. I have NO idea when I missed a payment. Maybe it was in the turmoil before BK or after when I lost online access/paper bills stopped coming and it was difficult to pay the bill until I figured out how to use the 3rd party payer. I honestly have no recollection of missing a payment. If it was LATE I definitely so I might have been late even if I don't remember it!

Any comments on how to handle this? This loan will be paid off within a few months after our 5 yrs are up. I don't want to run into trouble when we complete BK and then have Ally coming after me for anything.

I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X