Another car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another car

We might start this process now if allowed. I am going to get our info together this weekend and contact the attorney and the finance guy at the car dealership.

I think the fact that my husband's job wants him to work 2 a.m. to 10 a.m. twice a week might help. That would be near impossible with car sharing it would lead to Uber because maybe I could drop him off at 2 a.m. and not get decent sleep I definitely could not pick him up at 10 a.m. Right now our schedules have been fairly similar so it's not "too" bad. Though sometimes I think car sharing puts more strain on the marriage than the frickin' BK13.

The finance guy at the dealership wanted us to wait until we had two car payments on the "new" car. Well the first is due Jan 31, I already paid it last week. But I know it will take time with the court and we need to get approved for a loan before even asking the court.

I think we can swing a car payment if it's not as high as my car payment. The finance guy seemed to know how to get loans for people in our situation so I really hope he can come through.

Since the other car was totaled it was easy to get the approval from the trustee. I believe this time we will have to submit a letter explaining the situation and how we plan to pay for the car. I hope I don't have to write up a step by step budget of our expenses I hate doing that! We have paid off the first mortgage so we do have more cash in our budget, though it seemed just to get absorbed into higher bills, etc like when the HEL jumped from $40 ish to $120 a month! We have to pay the property taxes so that took a chunk of money from the former mortgage payment it's not like we got an extra $900 a month when you start deducting, but it did make the budget run smoother even with increased expenses think about even gassing up the car. When we were paying the first mortgage I felt like the the BK had us living paycheck to paycheck after the first mortgage was paid I feel like we had breathing room, but it wasn't like we had money to throw around. When we get another car payment I think we will be closer to that paycheck to paycheck feeling, but I think it's manageable for a year until FREEDOM comes.

I might call the finance guy today to get an idea if he thinks we can start the process. He was surprised the last time how quick it went with our BK, but I had started the process with another car dealership so we were only waiting on the final approval not gathering all the info and submitting to court.

We have been car sharing for over a year. The old car still sits in the driveway, but I have the paperwork to get the title so we can use it for a trade in. The finance guy said they could give us at least $500 for it which I think would be ok since it has multiple problems and has been sitting for at least a year.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X