Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you file your debtor education course?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you file your debtor education course?

Plan complete on 9/12/18 and we’ve heard nothing. Called our atty today and I was told we didn’t do the debtor education course (second course). It was done in Jan 15’ and sent to our atty. They say they never got them. I emailed the certificates and called the atty back. Then I I was told we did it too early and the certificates may have expired. I’ll know on Monday if they are expired. Is there a certain time this course needed to be done? Oh and the DSO was never filed by the atty. He said he would file it today. I’m concerned our atty isn’t on top of this and we just want this all behind us.

They said you did it too early? That's not right. The course has to be done by the time you complete your plan, which means you can do it anytime between when you file and when you complete. I completed my 2nd course right after we filed and it was uploaded into the court record. As a matter of fact, we didn't send it to our lawyer, the company who does the test online, sent it automatically to my lawyer when it was completed. Sounds like your attorney messed up and didn't file it. Hopefully you are not told they've expired; I don't know why they would be. Your attorney definately doesn't sound with it at all. Hopefully a moderator will respond and give an opinion on the situation. Good luck; sorry you're having this problem at at time you deserve to be celebrating.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I doubt it has expired. The Credit Counseling Certificate issued before you file bk has an expiration date of 6 months from when it was issued. I am not aware of a similar expiration for the Financial Management (Debtor Education) Course Certificate.

Have your attny file it. If it is too old because it is dated in 2015 I'll bet the Clerk of the Court will issue a Deficiency Notice and, if one is issued, you just take the course again. Let's not fix a problem if one does not exist.

Des.

Comment

Wanted to update those who responded to me...

The certificates were not expired and were files on Monday. Back to waiting for what comes next.

Comment

Hi..that is good news. Now you just sit back and wait. The trustee works behind the scenes to do what is required to complete the case. Congratulations..you are sliding into the finish line now
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I completed mine in July and my attorney didn't file them until the end of December. My attorney was great in the beginning, Now, not so much.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X