Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a creditor is harrasing us and sent us a 1098 for a foreclosure in 2007

The 1098 statement is from Computershare Holdings Inc and its for 2018??!?!

We went through a foreclosure on a primary residence in 2007 (completed) - the second loan was a purchase money loan and secured to the property. We live in California.
    We filed for Chapter 13 in 2012 and it had been completed and discharged. The notice of the loan that we are getting is a company Ive never heard of and they even stated on the statement they sent us that we have made a payment to them which we have not.
    1. the company and loan are not on my credit report
    2. the bk was completed successfully and there was no mortgages on the bk from our foreclosures because the bank took the home back.

What are our steps to report fraud? They are calling me everyday (I don't know how they got my number or new address).

Thank you!

Computershare holdings, Inc dba Specialized Loan Servicing LLC

Comment

I don't know if this is or is not fraud, but it is certainly suspicious. I would contact my Chapter 13 attorney and have them send a cease and desist notice that they are in violation of the permanent discharge injunction.

Answer the phone, and either give them your attorney's information or tell them that the debt was discharged in a Chapter 13, and if they call one more time then your lawyer will pursue sanctions against them at $1,000 per call for violating the permanent discharge injunction. Tell them that if they don't understand what that means, then they should call their attorney.

Also, write down, in a along, every time they call you. This can be used if your attorney needs to pursue sanctions.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X