Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Waiting

Last payment was 8/24. Atty filed motion in support for discharge 1/14 and still nothing. We did both courses. Should I be worried...I am. I thought this would be behind us by now. We’re only about 3 months away from when we filed....6 years ago

That is disgusting and absurd. How dare these people hold you up this long. I would rather buy six feet of rope than go through a 5 year chapter 13.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepBreaths View Post
      Last payment was 8/24. Atty filed motion in support for discharge 1/14 and still nothing. We did both courses. Should I be worried...I am. I thought this would be behind us by now. We’re only about 3 months away from when we filed....6 years ago
      A Chapter 13 can take 60-90 days to close. I want everyone to remember that the discharge is the prize. A Chapter 13 takes time to close as checks must all e cleared (and given 30-60 days to clear), the entire 60 months of payments audited, and everything buttoned up. I would rather they take their time and make sure everyone was paid, everything was clearly closed out, and there are no issues caused because care was not taken.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

I don't think they go ahead and start the discharge process until all necessary steps are done. I'm waiting for discharge as well but the trustee didn't get moving until my attorney filed my second course, the domestic support affidavit and then a motion for entry of discharge. I made my last payment on 12/4 and my attorney posted all of those by 12/27 and I felt like he was moving too slow.

Comment

I'm still waiting on my discharge. Last checks disbursed in early December 18. My trustee typically takes about two months to file the final report from when the Mortgage cure notice is sent and for me that occurred in November. If I don't see anything happening on PACER in the next couple of days, I'll talk to my atty to see what is going on.
          Filed Ch 13 Fall 2013, 60 month plan, awaiting discharge (Trustee Final Report and Notice of Discharge is filed)

Comment

Congrats to you both wd2005 and switch625. I have many more months to go with my Chap 13 and I'll be glad to get to where you both are now. At least you know the end is near and no more payments. Best of luck to you both and keep us all posted on life after Chap 13!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X