Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 Confirmed - 5 of 60 months - 81% of total creditor bills

Hi All!

Our chapter 13 plan was confirmed this month, we survived this far. Our still married. I think looking back if my spouse agreed, and I wasn't worried about creditors calling my work I would try and wait them out and negotiate...

We had a final court hearing this month. When we meant with our lawyer pre-trial my wife casually mentioned negotiating 81% (2,000/m). The lawyer looked really surprised and did call the trustee that afternoon and it was accepted by the trustee (court).

I have no I idea why our lawyer didn't start negotiating 5 months ago... we are not layers and were waiting for their advice. Seems like a huge waste of time, paperwork, and stress!

What broke the straw or whatever for us was when we found out that a 100% plan adds the trustee fees on top of the creditor's amount. So five months of that and another few thousand was too much for us. Plus a car we are keeping and paying off for 4 more years.

Also, if you have emotional issues, addictions, or other problems please get help, reach out to someone. (It saved my life)

Thanks!!!!

Hello, when you say 100% plan, it means is making you pay all the debts without any reduccion in the original debt? Instead it increased it, due to all the court and collectors fees? Please repply-Thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by unfairjudge View Post
      Hello, when you say 100% plan, it means is making you pay all the debts without any reduccion in the original debt? Instead it increased it, due to all the court and collectors fees? Please repply-Thanks for sharing
      Yes, explained to me here. https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before...nt#post1032960

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X