2 year Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 year Anniversary

Hi all I've been quiet for a while, still lurking but feeling up to contributing much. It's been 2 years to the day tomorrow I filed my 13. It feels like time flew by and is crawling all at the same time. It has been a tough road for me. I know some have had an easier time and others it's been hell. I think I'm somewhere in the middle. Recently I have run into some big challenges. As some might remember or not, I haven't been too happy with my Attorney in the past. I have to say, in my recent issues they have been more responsive and on top of things and helping me come up with solutions for my problems. I'm becoming more thankful for them.

I was hoping for student loan forgiveness and successfully got my loans refinanced with a direct loan held by the government and away from my nightmare bankruptcy servicer so that was a great step forward. If forgiveness happens I will get it so that's good. Right now they are in COVID forbearance but when they come back into payment status I will still be in deferment. I was diagnosed with cancer, thankfully very early and I'm assured not life threatening at this stage but still scary AF. In light of that I was able to get deferment for a year while I'm in treatment.

This fall I had COVID, it really took me out and my employer wouldn't pay for the entire time I needed to be out so I had unpaid leave. That sucked and I took a hit financially, trying to catch up. I'm almost there and in the next month or so should be back on track. I don't have a lot of wiggle room in my plan so this was hard. I know some have an larger amount of disposable income during their plan and can save for emergencies for times like this, I do not and therefore this had been a real burden. Thankfully I was able to negotiate some payment plans with my bills and get get some relief. I've learned that being proactive and asking for help will get me along way with my current creditors like my mortgage and utilities.

Tax season is coming up. Last year I was on the money with my withholding and owed a nominal amount. That was my goal as any return goes to my trustee, I'd rather get my money in my paycheck every month than have to turn it over at the end of the year. This year I've been doing the IRS withholding calculator all year like I did last year and making adjustments they recommended , if the projection is correct I'll have nominal return that I'll have to turn over so I'm super happy about that. At least I have that going for me!!

Despite all the crap I've had come my way, my family and I had a fantastic Holiday season and I'm looking forward to the next 3 years of this 13 hopefully moving fast and uneventfully. Fingers crossed no more shenanigans comes my way Happy New year to all!!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X