Trustee Approval For Auto Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ConfusedPeet View Post
    Update! I called the Trustee's office and they gave my attorney 48 hours to respond. My attorney emailed me pretty quick and submitted the approval on 3/18. According to pacer it looks like it has already been approved. It says "debtor is allowed $xxxxx to purchase" but it isn't signed. Will a copy be mailed to me once signed? Also, the car that I planned to get has long been sold. Do I have to get the exact same vehicle at the exact same price? Can I go to another dealership? Added bonus is the attorney said we can keep our tax return this year! Thank you guys for all your help!
    This is how it went for me. You get a car approved, but they sell it in the meanwhile which makes sense they are a business.

But you can take the papers you have and get another car with the same price. I don't remember if our papers were mailed or emailed to us. I usually had a copy of everything that went thru the court mailed to me by the attorney or maybe it was the trustee I can't remember at this point.

And YES you can go to another dealership. That's what I did and I went to one that was familiar and friendly with people in active Chapter 13. They didn't advise "we sell cars to anyone, bad credit no problem..." I asked at the second dealership because the first dealership I went to and got the quote/was approved for financing didn't know much about BK. There was a man who had experience with financing during BK and he was very knowledgeable. And they were happy that I had all the approval.

Congrats on the tax return!
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

It has been a battle but I have finally purchased a car! It is being delivered Tuesday. Many dealerships would not work with me at all being in active chapter 13. They said I could modify my plan and include the new car. I don't plan to do that because I want an open tradeline to rebuild credit. The dealership I was originally approved at did not have anything interesting in stock. Many dealers took over a week to respond after applying. I applied at yestobk.com and really liked how they were familiar with bankruptcy. The process with them was really fast as well. The loan I have also has a monthly rate reduction program for on time payments. The interest rate through them isn't great but I didn't expect it to be. Thanks to all for your help!

Comment

ConfusedPeet I am glad you did get a car. I think the key is finding someone who knows how to deal with BK/active Chapter 13. The car I have is not one I would have wanted to buy. I am not ungrateful because I was happy to have a reliable car when I needed one. But it's just not one I would have chose.
        I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X