top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trustee or Attorney - Faster throughput?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee or Attorney - Faster throughput?

Me again, my apologies. I've read that calling the Trustee regarding question/s for the last payment and PUSHING/STARTING the process to get the ball rolling to get the case closed ASAP. I know my mileage may vary, BUT, anyone had a experience where the Trustee was more HELPFUL assisting you than your own Attorney? End result, I don't want my attorney to take his sweet azz time getting this pushed through. I hope I made sense! Can ya tell, I want closure! As soon as my last payment is posted on NDC website, I want movement! LOL

Thanks in advance,
    Cas...

Too much depends on the process in your particular district. I can't tell you the process because I'm not in Arizona. Generally, you wait until there is an issue. If you want to push, you push on your attorney. Do not bother the Trustee since they will just say... contact your attorney.

You don't get movement because you want movement. It's a process and from the last payment to discharge can be 30-90 days depending on the process in your specific district. When the Trustee makes the last payment, which they typically do around the third week of the month, they then wait 30-60 days for bounced checks. There is nothing you can do to speed this up. You pay on the 1st, then they wait 3 weeks to make sure they have "stable" funds, then they send checks out, then wait another 30-60 days for bouncebacks. (Some Trustees wait 30 days, some wait up to 60 days for bounces and returned mail.)

It's just the way it works.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Okay cool, thx!

Comment

Don't forget that the discharge is the prize. The closing is administrative. You will receive the discharge shortly after the Trustee sends the notice of final payment to the court and the creditors have had 30 days to object to entry of the discharge. This may vary slightly based on certain districts, but you should have your discharge within 31 days of your final payment. The closing will take at least 30 days longer (unless there are no creditors to pay).
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke

I can't wait for "the prize"!!! I did speak with one of the reps in the Trustee office. No red flags on my account, everything looks to be in order. He said it should be done within 30 for discharge! Im getting my last payment in 2 weeks early AND before the 1st of the month as they disburse payments to creditors at the beginning of the month....hopefully i can get a headstart on the "discharge". How long "typically" is the notice from the Trustee informing that I no longer have to make monthly payments? Any help is appreciated! Thx!

Comment

The Chapter 13 Trustee is pretty quick to let you know or you should know. It seems like you don't have a Wage Deduction Order (WDO) and are paying directly to the Trustee. That makes it easier since your attorney (or the Trustee) would need to seek an order vacating the WDO. I never received a "notice" that it was my last payment. I only received the notice of plan payment completion.

Comment

Yes, I'm paying directly to the Trustee, no WDO! I can't wait for the discharge notice! I hope to think that I should at least get a 20+ bump in my CR 🤞🙏 when that change hits my CR.

Comment

For Chapter 13s, there usually isn't a big bump on the FICO score. You'll have to let us know if you see anything significant.

Comment

Will do! I really wasn't hoping a HUGE bump. Just so ready to get this over with....lol

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X