Strike in Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strike in Chapter 13

Hi,my husband is on strike and he is the only one working,what are we to do,our payments for our plan come out of his pay,but if there is no pay,then
    now what

You're in a heck of a mess.
    Is it possible to convert to a Chapter 7?

Comment

How long do you think the strike might be? We did ch 13 several years ago under old law and my DH was fired from his job during the plan. I called the trustee's office and they told me to just send the money in ourselves and that instead of sending it every week I only had to send it once a month. I think it was about 2 months before he found another job. Is it possible you could get a job temporarily? How are you planning on getting by with no income? Maybe the strike will be short. We did manage to finish out our plan.
      chap 7 discharge 06/07

Comment

Ever heard a trustee said.. "..One strike, then you're out, sir!..." !?

Comment

Trustees are human. They know unforeseen events occur from time to time. Events that are beyond the control of the Debtor/Filer. Trustees do have the ability to allow for a bit of flexibility.

If you filed using an attny, contact your attny ASAP.

If you filed Pro Se, contact the Trustee's office ASAP.

Since the lack of employment is really something beyond Hubby's control, the Trustee may allow you to defer a payment or 2 to the end of your Plan.

Or maybe you can make reduced payments for a couple of months and then make up the difference in future Plan payments.

But you cannot just wait around doing nothing. You must be proactive. Otherwise, your Plan could be dismissed due to lack of payment.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I agree with "Sinking" doing nothing is the wrong thing to do and they will dismiss for no payment. Getting in touch with your lawyer if you used one or contacting the trustee is the best thing to do. Doing nothing really shows ignorance and that you don't care or don't care to work through things here.

Comment

can't one convert to ch7 from a 13 IF there income has changed THAT drastically ???

CMIYC
              July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
              Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
              Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
              Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

yes one can convert to a chapter 7 but do they own the place they live in? Do they want to keep the house they live in? Eventually the strike will resolve..I still feel that if it were me I would contact the lawyer or trustee

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X