This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when it rains it pours...truly!

I was in here the beginning of the month crying about my hot water heater which i was able to scrape up the money on my own to get the thing properly fixed. thank God it is still running hot hot.

Now, I have another problem..........my husband's SUV (which is IN the plan) his rear suspension compressor went bad and that is going to cost a whopping $1,000! to fix and I do NOT know what to do. I do NOT have $1,000 to fix this piece of shi**.

I am going to be making my 9th payment into the plan in sept and if I have to get this fixed I will not have the money for the trustee becasue his payment is $1100 ...........

What do I do? no one is going to be able to lend me one grand, my family does not have that kind of money to lend out to me.

I don't know what to do........
    12/19/06 Chapter 13
    1/22/07 341 Meeting
    3/5/07 Confirmation Hearing Continued
    6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

how far does he live from work? He might have to taxi cab it short term til you can save up or carpool with other work colleagues?

Comment

45 mins each way and we can't afford taxi cabs
      12/19/06 Chapter 13
      1/22/07 341 Meeting
      6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

short term, you may have to.....it'll be about $50 a day but you cant do $1,000 can you?
        what about car pooling or going with a 722 loan?

Comment

what's a 722 loan
          12/19/06 Chapter 13
          1/22/07 341 Meeting
          6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

no he can't car pool..........$50 a day for months to save up is over $3k! i can't afford $50 a day, heck i am on a budget
            12/19/06 Chapter 13
            1/22/07 341 Meeting
            6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

Originally posted by wooisme View Post
              no he can't car pool..........$50 a day for months to save up is over $3k! i can't afford $50 a day, heck i am on a budget
              why didnt you file chapter 7 or try to convert?

Comment

because i have property that is current
                12/19/06 Chapter 13
                1/22/07 341 Meeting
                6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

Originally posted by wooisme View Post
                  because i have property that is current
                  If you are current on your property as far as payments, and it can be exempted with your states exemptions (or federal if you can and want use those) then you can convert to a Ch. 7. Provided you pass the means test.

Being current on your property is what allows you to keep it in a chapter 7 as long as it's value/equity is exempt.
                  "Try to save money. Someday it may be valuable again." - Anonymous

Comment

no, we make way too much money to do a 7 and we have credit card debt of over $125k ...it was hard enough doing the 13! they are even harder in a 7 and we have way too much equity in the house............the lawyer told us we had to do a 13.............

it's all besides the point. the suv is broken "now" to even do all that you are suggesting would take another 6 months
                    12/19/06 Chapter 13
                    1/22/07 341 Meeting
                    6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

Depending on car models, most suspension compressor costs less than $400-500, but I guess the labor cost is expensive. If it were me, I would try to fix it myself.

Comment

You can call your attorney and ask for permission to skip one months pmt to fix the car. I willing to bet they will allow it for this. I was allowed to skip 3 months when I was in a 13 all you have to do is call your attorney tell them the situation. They will ask you to fax or bring by a letter in writing what you want and they will submit the request to the trustees office. You will gat something in the mail confirming it. I am confident you will be fine.
                        Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

talk to your lawyer about letting the broken SUV go back. Stay current on your trustee payment and start looking around for running vehicle that you could get with cash. Or perhaps borrow a relative's vehicle for a minute while you save up the cash to get something to get back and forth to work. I am in a similar position. My car is nickle and dime and I am crossing my fingers it lasts another 10 months. But if it doesn't I will have to do the same, find a cheap car that runs and go with that for now and pay cash for it.

Comment

FIX it myself.............GEE, I'll just hoist it up on my shoulders and snap that thing right into place!!! yeah right, im not an auto mechanic.
                            12/19/06 Chapter 13
                            1/22/07 341 Meeting
                            6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

Originally posted by familyof7 View Post
                              You can call your attorney and ask for permission to skip one months pmt to fix the car. I willing to bet they will allow it for this. I was allowed to skip 3 months when I was in a 13 all you have to do is call your attorney tell them the situation. They will ask you to fax or bring by a letter in writing what you want and they will submit the request to the trustees office. You will gat something in the mail confirming it. I am confident you will be fine.
                              Call your attorney and ask to skip the pmt
                              Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X