Excess Income??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excess Income??

Has anyone ever come into a situation in a Chapter 13 where there is no disposable income? I am married and filing bk but my husband is not. We are over the means but I am waiting to hear back from my lawyer what the figure will be. Just by looking at the numbers it does not look like there will be anything left over. We might be in the red. Does this automatically convert to a Chapter 7? This is all non-secured debt from a small business. Perfect credit my whole life prior to this.

I am curious about the answer to this also. We met with an attorney who said we would be a CH 13 but we would have to stop paying my husband's student loan becuase we did not have enough disposable income. I am worried that a CH 7 would force us to give up our cars or possibly our home but how can you not have any disposable income and still pay into a CH 13.

I feel your pain - I worked very hard to always pay everything on time and maintain perfect credit and one job loss and one baby later and I feel like a failure with no hope.

Keep your head up and good luck to you!

Comment

You can pay into a 13 by cutting your expenses, especially those that are discretionary such as food and clothing etc.
      I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X