Tax return question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax return question

With tax time approaching I am wondering if the IRS will send my 2007 tax returns to my trustee automatically??? Will he want/need to see them? I know when we filed and at the 341 meeting our trustee asked for 2004,2005, and 2006 income tax returns. I know the IRS handles Ch. 13 returns differently and luckily for us we will get our refund (if we have one coming to us at all) but by check only not EFT. The reason I'm asking is that I took a TSP (401k) withdraw (after 341 meeting but before confirmation hearing) and when we file our 2007 taxes I'm going to have to pay a penalty on that money I took which is fine but I'm wondering what the Trustee will say about this money we received ??

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by doglover; 11-13-2007, 12:53 AM.

I had to send in a copy of mine to my attorney and they, in turn, sent it off to the proper person in the trustee's office. The IRS does not send it for you. (the copy that is. . . they might send your refund, but not a copy of the return)

Comment

I had to send my attorney a copy of my tax return. I paid the trustee the amount over $1K in returns. Not sure if the attorney actually sent the copy of the tax return to the trustee or not. NOte, I filed my taxes electronically and received my refund electronically...no issues with the IRS.
      Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
      Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
      Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I did something similiar, I took out $1000, but the Trustee never questioned the loan amount, which I was paying back through the Ch13 I was in at the time. Come tax time, I owed boooo coooo bucks to the IRS. So the trustee definitely wasn't getting anything tax of mine since I owed!

Best to you, Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X