Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastern District of Virginia

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there is from the Eastern District of Virginia ...I'm looking for people who did a chapter 13 under the NEW law. If so, could you please let me know, I have some questions about "our" district that perhaps some on here from other districts would not know the answer to.

THANKS!

Basically all bankruptcy cases follow the same laws in each state under the New Laws....(they are Federal Laws)...

The only difference from district to district or state to state will be exemptions the states allow, the incomes for that area, and how lenient the Trustee in that area might be on different things. Some Trustees are "tough" others have a kinder side.....

But basically your bankruptcy will follow the same guidelines as all the others across the US.
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

"how lenient the Trustee in that area might be on different things"

this is EXACTLY why I am asking the question in which someone from "florida" or any other state or district would not know the answer to.

Comment

any virginia filers.............any out there?

Comment

I filed in Virginia. PM me! But do know that my case was simple no asset. I first filed Ch13 than converted to Ch7.

Catchmeifyoucan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X