Audits??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audits??

I got a letter today from my attorney that I have been randomly selected to be audited. Has anyone been through this? Also I have to have the audit firm the information by Jan. 9. The letter from the audit firm was dated Dec 19 so I guess my attorney took their time sending it to me. I am starting to freak!

Originally posted by billybob37 View Post
    I got a letter today from my attorney that I have been randomly selected to be audited. Has anyone been through this? Also I have to have the audit firm the information by Jan. 9. The letter from the audit firm was dated Dec 19 so I guess my attorney took their time sending it to me. I am starting to freak!
    No need to freak. There's 2-3 folks on the forum going through this. You could probably find some info by searching on "audit" but I'm sure they'll jump in.
    It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

We are also being audited...our 341 meeting is on Jan. 10th. We were high income, high debt---converted to a 7--hence the reason for the audit. It is just routine for them to make sure you aren't hiding any assets, etc...they want to make sure it is not abuse in any way. If you have nothing to hide, you will be just fine I am sure I am trying to stay positive about this!!

Our attorney also informed us that they are auditing MOST people lately that are converting from a 13 to a 7...so we just won the wrong lottery!

Comment

Here's a member that just went through it -

It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

We went through an audit. I was told to expect it because of our 0% payback plan. Sure enough, 10 months into the plan we got the notice. All they wanted was updated items from our original filing. It was almost like starting over again. I keep binders with all info. Pay stubs, bills, if I spent money on it I have a record of it. It was not nearly as scary as I thought it was going to be.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X