taxes to IRS what options do we have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taxes to IRS what options do we have

We havent filed yet but when we do we will owe about 16,000 due to my commission income and me being stupid and not paying in anything over the year thinking I would contiue to make good money!

So we should file in April our chap 13 can I put the 16K we will owe in the chap 13 to be able to make payments or do the taxes have to be behind and a few years old?

give me some ideas guys and gals
    Converted to Chp 7 in July 341 AUG 3rd Went well!!!
    Trustee Paid Off Looking At Discharge!!! Might Be A Good After all!
    Discharge Date 10/02/09 Counting the days down

Yes, you can include the amount you owe in taxes to the IRS in your plan. Provided your available income will cover the 16,000 over the 60 mos period, in addition to any other secured debt you have.
    The principle and interest amounts will be priority debt, and paid at 100%
    Any penalties will be considered unsecured, and paid at the same percentage as other unsecureds. (perhaps you don't have any penalties, as you are not late)
    The beauty of the 13 filing on tax debt is that it stops further penalties from accruing.
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

That is good I have to go file and see when it puts me but I think we can swing it overall with disposalble income it might not be much but 400-600 monthly should get us close!

Thanks for the input
      Converted to Chp 7 in July 341 AUG 3rd Went well!!!
      Trustee Paid Off Looking At Discharge!!! Might Be A Good After all!
      Discharge Date 10/02/09 Counting the days down

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X