Pay one card not the other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay one card not the other?

i have 2 cards that are just to high to pay. I have missed them and paid on the ones i can afford. I have looked into filing and plan when my car is past 910. the cards i am still paying on i have used recently will i get in trouble for paying one card and not the other? it will be at least 90 days before i file and i dont plan on using any of them anymore.
    filed 13 07-31-08
    confirmed 10-28-08
    33 payments down 3 to go

if you are going to file then I would stop paying your cards! Just make sure when you file you are 90 days out from the last time you used your cards

Talk to your lawyer about your car to see if he can CRAM DOWN on it!

Save your money for the rainy days and stop paying the cards BUT only if you are filing for sure!
    Converted to Chp 7 in July 341 AUG 3rd Went well!!!
    Trustee Paid Off Looking At Discharge!!! Might Be A Good After all!
    Discharge Date 10/02/09 Counting the days down

Comment

Don't throw good money after bad

If you know you are going to file BK, then you may want to stop paying the unsecured creditors. In our case, we used that money to hire an attorney instead. Even though it was a good 7 or 8 months between hiring attorney and actually filing, no one sued us. We had a couple of slightly threatening letters, but no one followed through.

The "secret" was having actually retained an attorney and referring all the bill collectors to him. This lets the creditors know you are serious & not just "blowing smoke" in an attempt to get them off the phone.

Creditors actually seemed to be somewhat happy to know that we were doing a 13, so that they would be receiving at least part of their money.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdulph View Post
        If you know you are going to file BK, then you may want to stop paying the unsecured creditors. In our case, we used that money to hire an attorney instead. Even though it was a good 7 or 8 months between hiring attorney and actually filing, no one sued us. We had a couple of slightly threatening letters, but no one followed through.

The "secret" was having actually retained an attorney and referring all the bill collectors to him. This lets the creditors know you are serious & not just "blowing smoke" in an attempt to get them off the phone.

Creditors actually seemed to be somewhat happy to know that we were doing a 13, so that they would be receiving at least part of their money.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!
        Oh man! this is a grrrreAT post. You are so on the ball with the timing of things.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X