Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK and divorce not final..Freaking out!

Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
    341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
    Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Pull your original loan papers out. If there is not reference to their right to collect on one debt from another. Usually called cross colaterization. Then quite simply they can't do it and the collections efforts were basically a bluff.
    Filed: 10/26/2006
    Discharged: 03/05/2007
    Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

GREAT NEWS!!! Okay here's an update. My atty's secretary finally called me back, and apparently my hearing is scheduled for this Monday. I don't know why she wouldn't tell me that but hopefully I will be done with her after Monday.

She told me I don't even have to be there and if everything goes smoothly, I will be officially divorced on Monday. My ex is really lazy and doesn't have to even be there, so he probably won't show up which will grant the divorce by default. I think since so much time passed since he received the paperwork the first time and didn't sign them, we didn't have to give him a full 30 days to sign these.

My only regret is hiring an atty. that doesn't communicate with me so that half of the time I didn't know what was going on.

<Fingers crossed> Hopefully one small part of my chaotic life will be resolved and I can finally move forward so that I can get back to normal.

Thanks for tolerating me. I appreciate everyone's help.
      Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
      341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
      Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Hi, from what I've read it's not at all uncommon to file a Chapter 13 just to be able to pay the attorney's fees over time.

And don't let the collectors freak you out too much. They can't get you tossed out of your home without lots of court proceedings first. I'm told it can take months, if not years. Ya know, sometimes I think collectors lie when the truth would serve them better!

Comment

Oh yeah, and you may not want to send anyone any money until you've retained and talked with your bankruptcy attorney.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X