341 trustee questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 trustee questions

What are some questions a trustee will ask at this meeting? If there are no objections from creditors does it got smoothly? Why do they put you under oath?
    filed 13 07-31-08
    confirmed 10-28-08
    33 payments down 3 to go

You are pretty much saying that you're telling the truth about all the info that you put on your paperwork and that anything the trustee asks you will be the truth, "SO HELP YOU GOD" etc....
    Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
    CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
    Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

right, but do they ask you about all your purchases and why you got so deep in debt? or just ask about assests, income etc? Most of my debt came after i had it all paid off. Its only about 2 years old or a bit less. I dont want them asking what i did with my money, why i paid it all off once ETC.
      filed 13 07-31-08
      confirmed 10-28-08
      33 payments down 3 to go

Comment

Originally posted by brokeNconfused View Post
        right, but do they ask you about all your purchases and why you got so deep in debt? or just ask about assests, income etc? Most of my debt came after i had it all paid off. Its only about 2 years old or a bit less. I dont want them asking what i did with my money, why i paid it all off once ETC.
        Nope. I don't think they really care. Their main concern is recouping whatever money they can.

Filed 07/07, $120k unsecured debt
        Plan: $400 (includes cram down) 60 months
        Brilliant attorney, decent trustee, awesome plan

Comment

There more interested in money you have left over after expenses and if and what you are eligible to pay back (disposable income). If you have any assets etc. I hate to see the day they categorize people in bankruptcy like: shopaholics and gamblers.

Best of Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

First, they verify some legal eagle stuff..name, ss#...etc., They may ask...how did you come up with the value of your home?...... and if the list of assets on your form are accurate. They may ask if there is a difference in your current income vs what is shown on your previous tax returns (if they see a big drop in income..etc). When I was in my 341 meeting, in a group of about 60 folks, I was like #58. No one got any tough questions...
            Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
            Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
            Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
              There more interested in money you have left over after expenses and if and what you are eligible to pay back (disposable income). If you have any assets etc. I hate to see the day they categorize people in bankruptcy like: shopaholics and gamblers.

Best of Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
              I wouldnt doubt if it comes to that one day to make it even harder for everyone and to teach everyone a lesson. They may even make it that you have to not only tell them how you got into debt, but prove it and get help for your addiction. That's our govt in action.
              BTW if you gambled it away, you should pay it 100 percent back...
              unless you can prove it is an addiction and you are seeking treatment...( yup, I can see it now! )
              Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
              CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
              Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X