Letter's from everyone except

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter's from everyone except

Discover Card. I have been mailed letters from everyone saying that due to my filing, they have closed my accounts. I haven't gotten anything like that from Discover. Should I call my attorney and make sure they were included?
    Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
    Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
    Discharged April 2012

I don't think I got letters from any of my creditors...... I don't think the fact that you didn't get anything means a thing.

Do you have a copy of your BK filing? If so, just check the creditor matrix. If they are on there, they were notified.
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Discover didn't even send me, "You are now XX days overdue" letters. I have speculated that they hoped I would forget about them and not include them in the filing (and therefore could come after me after). Probably silly logic there...

Best luck to you!
      Filed Ch 13: 2/8/08
      Meeting of Creditors: 3/19/08
      Deadline to file complaint: 5/19/08
      Deadline to file proof of claims: 6/17/08

Comment

Check their website and try to log on into your account. If you still can, the account is still open - which means they were not notified yet/or haven't received it yet. If you can't access your account info anymore, they did get notified, but never sent you anything regarding the closing.

Comment

We had not received any notices either, probably because we were so up to our eyes in debt, and had not used the cards--or payed--in about 2 years. These were a Sears MC and an AT&T Universal Card MC that were actually funded out of the same place. Now, we were still trying to pay on two small Lowes and Radio Shack accounts, and all trace of them have dissapeared.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X