No announcement yet.

Did all your creditors file claims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remember that just because a creditor(s) doesn't file a claim, doesn't mean you will be paying less in your CH13 plan. If you're not at 100% it could just mean your creditors that did file will get more. Yeah, yeah, call me a party pooper!
    May 2008: Filed Chapter 13
    Jan 2010: Plan Amended and Confirmed! finally plan funds = total funds due!
    Jul 2013: 5 years done! Trustee set to discharge! Woo hoooo!

Comment

That is exactly my case. About 10K worth of claims weren't made, but since our overall debt was ~95K and our plan only proposed to pay back 66K, it makes no difference, we still pay back the same 66K, just more to those who filed claims (~75% instead of 65%) and nothing to those who didn't file claims. Wish they had all filed claims so I wouldn't have to keep messing with those who didn't but then still send me collection notices actually.
      Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
      Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

We have about 8 credit cards and a hospital bill. Not that we could get that lucky but if none of them filed, would the case be dismissed and they couldn't try to collect later, or would we still be in the plan for 5 years paying the trustee something? Even if just one files, would we have to stay in the plan the whole length of time for just one filer?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X