Need To Hear Something Positive From Someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need To Hear Something Positive From Someone

Obviously since filing 13 my dream home is being placed on hold for the next 5years. For those who have already been discharged - how long did you have to wait before selling your current home and purchasing another? Just a bit in the dumps right now.

Selling House

You can sell the house right away after the discharge. With the assumption that you'll have equity in the home and a sizable down payment, which could be profit from the sale of your current home, towards your dream home, you'll be fine with getting a mortgage.

Comment

For a 13 it may be different, but we have a friend who sold his house about 1 year after filing Ch7, bought 5 acres of land at about 1.5 years (financed) and built a brand new house at just less than 2 years out.
      Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
      341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
      Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
      Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

i talked to FHA lender the other day. told me they have lending plans one year into the 13 with "on Time" payments. Was told as long as the Trustee agrees to reFi it would not be a problem if equity is there. good news is my property was just raised by assessor about 86K i think i will have equity now.
        filed 13 07-31-08
        confirmed 10-28-08
        33 payments down 3 to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X