I think this is what may happen..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is what may happen..

After LONG and sometimes heated conversation with my DF we are going to hold off on getting married until after the plan is complete.

I found out yesterday that the cost of putting a second child in daycare is, well, HIGH. For my toddler and an infant it will balloon from $163 a week to $339 a week, wreaking HAVOC on my disposable income. So.. I think that in March/April of next year, as sad as it is, when I file for my modification, they will probably take me off a 36 mo. plan and move me to a 5 year plan. Do y'all think that is likely? I would love to stay on the 36 month plan if I could, but I'm not sure what course of action should be taken at this point.
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

I'm assuming that you were under the median and that is why you have a 36 month plan.

How much are you currently paying into the plan monthly? How many months do you have left? Where are you at with the repayment of secured debts in your plan? Are you still under the median?
    Filed: 10/26/2006
    Discharged: 03/05/2007
    Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

I have a $700 a month plan and as my siggy states, I just started. I am at 3 payments, but those are bi-weekly payments.. I've paid a little over 1000.. I am still under the median, I think I still will be upon the arrival of my next child, but I can't be sure on that. I am about 20,000 below now. I will probably be much further down with another dependent.
      Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
      Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
      60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

How much arrears on your car did you put into the plan?

If you car can be caught up by the time you would need to convert, you may be able to convert to a chapter 7 and keep the car. However, check with your lawyer about that. Otherwise you can amend the plan with your new expenses. As long as you are paying all of your secured and priority debt in the plan you may still be able to keep a 36 month plan. However, I'm guessing that this is one of those things that may be handled differently in diferent parts of the country.

I'd say call your lawyer and let him know that you need to either convert to a chapter 7 or file an amendment. You can pick his brain about how both would work when you talk to him.
        Filed: 10/26/2006
        Discharged: 03/05/2007
        Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X