New claim amount ??? question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New claim amount ??? question

i just noticed that there is a claim on one of my creditors. It was made by Resergant Capitol services. I see the schedulled amount claimed is $0 but the claimed amount is total owed? what is this? Almost as if they were not provided as creditor in my plan. Then another one claimed is only half what is listed on the schedulled. Is this normal?
    filed 13 07-31-08
    confirmed 10-28-08
    33 payments down 3 to go

Yes it can be normal for claims to be a different amount than what you thought they were. You may have owed less, or more, than you thought you did for instance.
    As to the resurgent claim, is it possible that they bought the debt that you actually filed on another creditor. For example, I listed my walmart visa amount when we filed. They sold the claim to a debt collector pretty much as soon as we filed. Then the collection agency filed a claim against my 13. The walmart claim showed a scheduled amount, with the claim amount as zero. Then the collection agency showed zero by the scheduled amount, but with an amount by the claimed column. does that make sense? I have a bad headache right now and can't tell if I am coming across right or not.
    Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
    Plan approved- 7/11/05
    Date discharged--10-12-2007
    Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

that must be what happened.. seems real early for them to sell account.. i was not even 5 months past due..
      filed 13 07-31-08
      confirmed 10-28-08
      33 payments down 3 to go

Comment

Originally posted by brokeNconfused View Post
        that must be what happened.. seems real early for them to sell account.. i was not even 5 months past due..
        I was up to date and on time with all my accounts before filing. Almost as soon as they found out we had filed, they sold it. So this wouldn't be unusual at all. In fact over the course of 3 years, some of my accounts changed hands 3 times. While in an active bk 13.
        Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
        Plan approved- 7/11/05
        Date discharged--10-12-2007
        Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

quite a gamble for the buyers i would think.
          filed 13 07-31-08
          confirmed 10-28-08
          33 payments down 3 to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X