will I lose vehicle if I convert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will I lose vehicle if I convert?

I know this has probably been answerd 500 times in this forum, but I am in Ch 13 and behind becuase of lost job and other problems. Can I convert this case to a Ch 7 and keep the vehicle. We still owe like $5000 on it to a finance company. We had 2 vehicle through them untill a week ago, I was in an accident that was not my fault and that car is totaled. We need this Van for work and now need to buy another car but dont know how. I just do not want to lose the Van...What can I do...this is a terrible mess and I am lost

I am behind on the plan payments, I dont know about any equity in the auto. It was probably only worth what we owe on it...we apid the auto payments through the plan....but here is the deal...it is financed through a buy here pay here dealer and I do not think they really want the vehicle back, so I hope they will work with us, anybody been in this situation or know?
    Last edited by bear30044; 10-02-2008, 03:52 AM. Reason: Add detail

It really depends if you were able to exempt the equity you had in it... You say you owe 5K, but what was the value of the vehicle when you filed?

Also, you say you are behind........but does that mean on the plan payments or the auto payments?

It's difficult to answer your question without some more details.

K
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X