341 11/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 11/5

We have our 341 on Wed. Husband's exwife will be there as she is named in our 13 due to shared marital debt we are trying to discharge. She's filed an adversary action and is objecting to our bk. Go to court again in December for her. Frustrated at atty... found out she left off a creditor, not difficult to add on from what I understand, but then today, just now, found an error on 22C which overstated health expense by $1k a month. $1k!! Something I should have caught when we signed everything. Sigh... Makes me wonder how many errors are in this packet of information and how the trustee will pull us apart Wednesday... My mantra has been "good faith." That's what we filed. There's like a gazillion numbers so missing one (hope that's all) might not be seen as an attempt to defraud, or whatever. Also found out the exwife's home was foreclosed on Friday. She's living elsewhere with new husband. I was searching to see our status in her contempt case against us when I saw her name and the other action pop up. Want to tell her how badly I feel... we were *this* close to losing our house too. Sorry for the long post. Guess I'm a bit nervous about Wednesday. I appreciate all the words of wisdom from this board and hope our 341 goes as smoothly as others' have. Although with the exwife and her atty there, I somehow doubt it.

Hi filingin08: it costs about $26.00 to amend your petition and isn't that big of a deal, and your attorney should handle it right away.

I do hope all will go as well as possible Wednesday. I'm sorry to hear that you will have to deal with an ex-wife. You have all my wishes for a good outcome.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I stressed for that?!?!

Our 341 was at 9:30 this morning. Atty we met with wasn't there, they sent someone else. I panicked, but she ended up being very good. This firm only does BK so everything was good. She prepped us about the questions that would be asked. Husband's exwife and her new husband were there but not their attorney. We were second to go. The first couple had some issues. Questions were asked and answered. Our trustee was very nice, very laid back, very reasonable. When she asked how many were in our household, my husband said "it varies, it can be as many as 7." She laughed and went on to the next question. The ex-wife never said a word. I can't believe I woke up at 4:45 today for this! Now we wait... Confirmation is December 18th, I believe.

Comment

Welcome to the 60 Day Club!!!

Good job, and you would rather complain it was painless, eh?!
        Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
        341 Oct 8 2008
        Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

I'm so glad it went so smoothly for you! Congratulations and welcome to the 60-day club!

So what's the deal with the ex? Why go to all the trouble to show up for your 341 and then not say anything? What did your attorney say about that? Weird.
          Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
          341 meeting: July 18, 2008
          last day for objections: September 16, 2008
          DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by WoodSprite View Post
            So what's the deal with the ex? Why go to all the trouble to show up for your 341 and then not say anything? What did your attorney say about that? Weird.
            No idea. I overheard her husband say "well, that was that." As we were walking out. Not really sure what he meant. Don't know if her atty was late and missed it or if maybe she was looking to see what it was all about and if she might be considering BK too. Her house just foreclosed and we presume eventually someone is going to come looking for the deficiency.

Our atty did confirm that the joint debts were NOT domestic support obligations and could be discharged in a 13, so she'll be stuck with those balances eventually if it comes to that. And yes we do feel somewhat badly for her if that happens, but it's just business. Things snowballed and we couldn't handle it all.

Comment

Whew! Well, I'm delighted to hear it went so well. Get to bed early tonight!
              Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
              341 meeting: July 18, 2008
              last day for objections: September 16, 2008
              DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

sounds like the ex was just plain being nosy!!!!!

Congrats on a smooth 341!!!!!

K
                You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Thanks! Me too (re smooth 341)!!

Comment

Sounds like your 341 went without a hitch...congrats!
                    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X