The plan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plan...

Today is my last day at work. I am currently on hold with UE trying to get a new card sent to me. I filed today so that I won't have to wait too long. I am taking DS out of daycare next week which may be an inconvenience as far as interviewing goes, but I can't afford $163 a week for daycare while unemployed. I am hoping that I can get by without defaulting on my trustee payment, but if I do, I'll figure something out. Maybe I can get a couple payments tacked onto the end of my plan since I am in a 36 month plan?? What do y'all think? I did have a really good interview on Tuesday. I'm hoping to hear something by this coming Tuesday, but I'm still looking. Things are just so crazy down here. SO many lay-offs and a hiring freeze to boot. Maybe I'll take on two jobs if I can't find anything and DF might have to as well. I am just trying to keep the faith that everything is going to be okay, but that's easier said than done. I really just hope that I can get a couple of months from the trustee to try to get back on track with a new job and work from there. It's not unprecedented, is it?
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

I think I'm talking about a motion to miss a payment or two.
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08

Comment

geesh, at what point can you consider going CH7? i mean, how long do you have before it's clear the plan set up is not going to work with your employment situation and the job market?
      Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
      (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Thanks for that... *sarcasm* I haven't even been unemployed 1 day yet.. Other then this hiccup I have been perfectly fine on my plan. That is the other option but if I can avoid it I want to. I would rather make an effort at making this work for me. I don't want to go chapter 7, yes, I KNOW it's easier, and I know that it will be done more quickly, but until I have given this ALL the effort that I can then I am not considering it. YES, I know that it may become an inevitability but how about let me try to find out if it has to be one first. I WANT to finish what I started by paying back my debt. All I need at this point is a little encouragement and some suggestions on HOW to do it, not how to convert to chapter 7, because I know all about that already.

Comment

holy crap did you read some malicious into my post. forget i posted, i must've misread something. i just thought it sounded like a lot of stress and that a conversion to CH7 would be easier than stressing about payments.

happy friday to you and do whatever you need - obviously you've got it under control. i'm done posting in your thread now. sorry for the miscommunication and any misstep i made.

Comment

It just sounded to me like you were basically calling me an idiot... Like "how many times do you have to be told before you get the picture"?? Something very much like my mom would say. I'm sorry. I'm sure you meant nothing malicious, I'm just really emotional right now, and at this point the last thing I need is one more reason to give up. I never follow through on anything I do, and this is something I feel really strongly about.

Comment

Originally posted by NowImDownInIt View Post
              It just sounded to me like you were basically calling me an idiot... Like "how many times do you have to be told before you get the picture"?? Something very much like my mom would say. I'm sorry. I'm sure you meant nothing malicious, I'm just really emotional right now, and at this point the last thing I need is one more reason to give up. I never follow through on anything I do, and this is something I feel really strongly about.
              Originally posted by soleprop View Post
              geesh, at what point can you consider going CH7? i mean, how long do you have before it's clear the plan set up is not going to work with your employment situation and the job market?
              "geesh" = wow that sounds awful and stressful and i don't know if i could handle the stress, i really feel for you. "at what point can you consider going CH7" = at least you could have that option vs. losing everything to try and make your payment plan. "i mean, how long do you have before it's clear the plan set up is not going to work..." = when will it be clear to the trustee that the plan was set up based on financials that may not be solid any more and you're in a transition state right now; and the market is scary.

i understand emotions. i don't think you're an idiot. and i do look at life like there have to be options. i'm glad you're focused on getting a new job asap. i'm sorry i even mentioned CH7, obviously it isn't the only option out there. but to me it would be a relief to know it was an option in the back of my mind while i scramble for a new job. i realize you are not me.

ok now i'm done posting in your thread ;)

Comment

Now,

Contact your attorney and see if they can modify your plan until you seek employment again.
                Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Okay, I should also expand and say that while chapter 7 is an option, I will lose my car (my car was repo'd and that was the straw that broke this camel's back and pushed me in this direction in the first place), and without having a decent income I'm not sure how long I would have to save money to purchase another one. Maybe if I have 3 months before my case is dismissed then I can take the 2100 I would be not spending on trustee payments on getting a used car, but I can't count on that... especially with a baby coming in March/April, I can't be without a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicollette View Post
                    Now,

Contact your attorney and see if they can modify your plan until you seek employment again.
                    I already tried that. They told me that they can't do anything until I default, which I think is the most STUPID thing I've ever heard.

Comment

I have never heard of that either, and I would think that would be the reason to have it modified so you wouldn't default.
                      Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                      Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Yes, I thought so too. I called a couple of days after I found out I was being laid off and was told that. I hate the idea of defaulting at all.

Comment

Hey, NIDII, I'm not any help at all when it comes to ch13, but I just want to say that what comes through from your post is someone who's utterly determined to find a way through, over, under, or around that wall. I don't hear any panic or self-pity - although I know it's in there - and I'm really impressed with your attitude. I'll bet some interviewer is going to pick up the same vibe.

And in the mean time, won't it be nice to spend a little time with DS before baby comes? Hang in there!
                          Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
                          341 meeting: July 18, 2008
                          last day for objections: September 16, 2008
                          DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

I am finished my Ch. 13 plan (36 months also) and I skipped payments 4 times due to various reasons. It wasn't that big of a deal, but you do have to pay your attorney to file the motion. In my Ch. 13 my attorney was paid out of the plan though, so I didn't have to pay him cash to file the motion. Considering today's circumstances, I don't think your trustee would have a problem allowing you skip the payment (and tack it on the end). Just be SURE to have your attorney file the motion. You don't want your case to be dismissed, although usually if you have paid on time you have 60 days before they will file a motion to dismiss.

Good luck with your situation. I am sure it is stressful.
                            Filed 2/2005
                            Last payment 9/2008
                            Discharged 12/2008

Comment

Sorry you are being laid off. YES will be hard, but YOU can do it. You can count on us for moral support.
                              I also think you won't have a problem with todays economy skipping a month or two, and I hope you can get a job sooner.

Are you already showing? Congratulations on the baby. I know its hard but try not to get to stress out and you have a better someone to worry about.
                              I just wished your atty would have given you some ideas but someone more knowledgeble than me might know what could possibly happen.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X