Furloughs - laid off for one day per month for 18 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furloughs - laid off for one day per month for 18 months

Hi --Here's a good question -- it's regarding furloughs.

The company that I work for may be doing a furlough next year and what it means is all employees must take one day off per month for 18 months without pay - so that the company can save money. (This amounts to a 5% pay cut during that time period.)

As in other posts, I will or anticipate filing on 3/1/09.

I am kind of caught in the middle because:

1. Come 4/1/09 - I will have a 5% merit increase.
    2. The furlough starts - or is projected to start on 1/1/09. Happy New Year!
    3. I will prepare paperwork and file on or before 3/1/09 - to send a automatic stay to a plaintiff attorney who is suing me for a personal loan at citifinancial and filed a motion for summary judgement with the hearing before the judge on 3/9/09.

OK --- so if I tell me attorney I have x dollars while preparing the petition, which would include a 5% cut, BUT a month after I file, I recieve my merit increase of 5% ---- how does the Trustee look at this? It's sort of complicated because they might say, hey you had 5% on 12/08, went on a furlought on 1/1/09 so that month you will now be 5% short in wages, but 3 months later I get my 5% merit increase and I am now "technically" equal to what I had been making in 12/08. **By the way, the difference in my income would be about $150-$200 for this 5%.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, what to do, what to do?
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%
    Filed March 2009

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X