top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't want to get my hopes up....but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't want to get my hopes up....but....

I just got back from my attorney's office. We signed all of the paperwork for our case. I had a bunch of questions and his answers were music to my ears.

1. Tax returns- We're exempting at least $5,000. He says that is no problem.

2. Work Bonus- Does not have to be reported. I estimate at least $2-3k.

3. Any increase in income - Does not have to be reported

4. I can go get a part time job- Do not have to report the income.

5. We can pay off the plan in 6 months with no justification.

We are filing just under 200k for BK. The plan he is filing is a 3 year plan at $100 a month. $8 for the trustee, $40 for the attorney and the rest goes to the creditors.

When I mentioned that compared to what I've read, it seems as if our district (Raleigh, NC) is pretty lenient. His response was that he wouldn't call it lenient, it's just that the trustees in this district don't try to stretch the law.

Like I said, I know this is just the "plan", but it sure sounded good!!! The attorney I'm working with is really good and comes highly recommended. So I'm finding a little comfort in his confidence that everything should go smooth.

Wow! That's great! In our district, we were told that we had to "hand over" tax refunds, bonuses and we will be in it for the long haul...5 years. Are you under the median?

Good Luck!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

That sounds great!
      Consultation 1/2009
      Filed 4/21/2009
      341 Meeting 5/28/2009

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
        Wow! That's great! In our district, we were told that we had to "hand over" tax refunds, bonuses and we will be in it for the long haul...5 years. Are you under the median?

Good Luck!
        We were over the median by $250. I'm just hoping things go as well when we get to court.

Comment

Over median by 250 per month? My wife and may be in the same situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X