top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thank you to everyone ... hoping to file by 1/30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thank you to everyone ... hoping to file by 1/30.

I've only just found this place about three weeks ago and thanks to others seeking advice and those giving I've been able to be completely organized and have been able to ask my lawyer the right questions.

Yesterday I walked into his office with my payment and a file folder of everything I could think of, including updated statements since I last met with him, trying to anticipate what he'll need. He was a little impressed. I had a pocket for everything:

Tax Returns: last 4 years.

Pay Stubs: last year's worth.

Credit report.

Home Appraisal: I have actually just refied under FHA so I was able to use the one recently done for this.

Bank Statements: My accounts are at BOA, where one of my credit cards is. He said I shouldn't have any issue; however, based on my reading here I opened a new account where I had no affiliates for my wage direct deposit until this is over. It does sadden me if I need to close BOA completely because I've been at the branch waaaaay before it became BOA and I have all my numbers memorized.

All my credit statements: approx $47K in unsecured debt.

Life Insurance, 401K, and copies of my bonds. I had just cashed in about $1500 in bonds to help get through this month with bills but used it to pay the lawyer instead.

Car Payment information, including Blue Book value.

Household Bills/receipts.

List of my monthly expenses with proof where needed. This one put me in a better position to show a lower disposable income than previously thought.

I'm neither giving up the house nor my car.

I have used some of my CCs for Christmas but none were for any purchases over $100 and my lawyer is fine with that since my payments were up to date until this month. He told me to stop making payments.

He's being pretty aggressive with this and is one of the most recommended lawyers in our area - I met with 4 total and he's the one I felt most comfortable with. Even the Consumer Counselor recommend him. (That certificate thing was a joke - $50 for a 10 min phone call.)

Matter of fact it was my mortgage broker who first recommended him (I closed 3 days before Christmas and I had never entertained the idea of bankruptcy until the broker mentioned it.)

Anyway, lawyer said we should be on track for everything so we'll see how things go.

There were some things that worried me from what I read here but the lawyer was patient and reassuring that while some of the advice could and should be followed he feels that this should go smoothly.

Thanks again and here's to hoping everything goes well.

AC

Edited to add that I have not filed my taxes yet and I do receive a yearly bonus in March, both of which he's going to try and exempt. He has advised me not to file my taxes yet.
    Last edited by hgpotter; 01-23-2009, 07:13 AM. Reason: update, missed info.

well good luck to you on your new journey. I hope it is smooth sailing

Comment

Did you put money down on the house? Was it from credit lines/credit cards?
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
        Did you put money down on the house? Was it from credit lines/credit cards?
        No ... the refi was only to reduce my interest rate. We dropped 3 points.

AC

Comment

Well, hgpotter, it sounds like you have your ducks in a row!

Good luck with your filing and congratulations on getting your refi done AND reducing 3% off your interest rate. That is terrific!
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

good luck!!
            Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
            Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
            Discharged April 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X