top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converted to a 13 from a 7....do my creditors have to refile for them to be in plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converted to a 13 from a 7....do my creditors have to refile for them to be in plan?

Hi....filed a 7.....then was basically forced for convert to a 13.

Anyhow, I was wondering if the creditors must refile their claims in order to be included in my plan? The main reason I'm asking is for future reasons. I know that it won't affect my payment, but if my case is dismissed, even voluntarily down the road, I will have to deal with the creditors.

I have noticed that many creditors filed under the 7 notice, but not under the 13...does anyone know if they need to refile in order for their claim to be included in my plan?

thanks in advance.

I'm not sure of the answer to your question as to whether or not they have to refile, but regardless of whether or not they file a claim under either the 13 or the 7, if your BK is dismissed, they can all still come after you.......It makes no difference one way or the other.
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

So...are you saying that even if a creditor never bothered filing a claim, and the matter is later dismissed, then the creditor can come after me no matter what? Also, if a case is dismissed, does anyone know if the court notifies the creditors?

thanks

Comment

yes the court will notify your creditors if you dismiss. And yes once you convert, this is a "new case" You will have another 341 and confirmation hearing and bar dates will be set for all of your creditors to file claims.

Comment

So, how does the trustee differentiate between the original claims from the 7, and the "overlapping" 13 claims?

This is a longshot, but if for some reason I'm able to pay back 100 percent of the claims down the road....that would be great. So, I'm trying to see if I can knock out any claims that were originally for the 7 and not the 13...does that make sense?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X