Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13DataCenter vs Pacer

All,

I've seen that a lot of you use Pacer to access your BK records. My attourney turned me on to www.13datacenter.com which seems pretty comprehensive. It's free and I can lookup all of my account activity, claim data etc. The question is how does it compare to Pacer? I almost registered for Pacer but I understand there's a fee for using it.

We have NDC, it's ok. Most of the time it's a week behind, and payment info is incorrect. It's better than nothing.

Comment

PACER and 13DC are really two different systems with different goals. It's not so much that one is better than the other it is that they do different things.

13DC is exclusive to chapter 13's and is a payment and claims processing system for which Chapter 13 Trustees can subscribe. Not all trustees use the system.

PACER is the official bankruptcy court case database. You will NOT find chap 13 payment information in PACER. But you will find all the documents that were ever filed in your case.

Comment

Is Pacer up to date with document filings? I've been watching for something on Pacer to be filed by my attorney's office, which should have been done by now. As of yesterday, I didn't see anything new. If something was filed yesterday, would I see it today?
        Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
        Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Nicollette View Post
          Is Pacer up to date with document filings? I've been watching for something on Pacer to be filed by my attorney's office, which should have been done by now. As of yesterday, I didn't see anything new. If something was filed yesterday, would I see it today?
          PACER is real time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicollette View Post
            I guess it depends on how they file it. My lawyer filed everything electronically and they show right up almost instantly. I guess if they file papers manually it might take time for the documents to get scanned and entered.

Comment

Originally posted by ansky0007 View Post
              I guess it depends on how they file it. My lawyer filed everything electronically and they show right up almost instantly. I guess if they file papers manually it might take time for the documents to get scanned and entered.
              True enough, but all attorneys are REQUIRED to use the Electronic Case Filing System (ECF).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X