Unintended Benefit of Chapt 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unintended Benefit of Chapt 13

So, my son just had to go to court today for Retail Theft. UGH!

My DH and I make pretty decent money between us, and I figured there was no way we would qualify for a public defender. But........I decided to give it a shot. Under assets, I made the statement "all of our assets are property of the BK estate". Under expenses, I said "all of our disposable income is being paid to the BK Estate under our Chapt 13 plan.

Amazingly enough, they approved the PD request, with us only having a $25 co-pay.

Now, don't get me wrong..............I wish we weren't in either situation - 13 OR this RT charge. But............I try and look at the positive side...............whenever possible.

K
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Hope things work out, and glad this situation isn't more of a hardship for you than it needed to be. I like your signature, it's definitely the positive side, lol.
    Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
    Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the RT charge but.....

it seems there is some kind of silver lining for you after all! And speaking of positive things, I enjoy going to the mailbox a lot more now since filing a 13! No more junk creditor mailings! Plus I don't worry as much about my identity being stolen since my credit is bad off anyway. LoL.... how's that for the positive side of things.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X